Black Bitumen Paint 5 litre Exterior Cromar
€29.64 (Inc. VAT)
Bitumen Paint – Black
- For waterproofing and weather proofing
- Use on asphalt, steel, wood and concrete
- 5 Litre tin
- Ideal for Trades people and for DIY
8 in stock
A solvent based, general purpose, bituminous black paint for waterproofing and weather protecting of steelwork, asphalt, wood and concrete. When dry it forms an odourless and taint-free bitumen film. Cromar’s Black Bituminous Paint forms a waterproof, weatherproof, corrosion resistant protective coating. It is resistant to low concentrations of alkalis and acids and can withstand prolonged oxidation.
It is suitable for application to a wide variety of surfaces including steel, iron, lead, zinc, aluminium, concrete, stone and brick but is mainly used for the following:- Metal protection for any type of exterior metalwork – fire escapes, ladders, gutters etc. A protective coating for concrete structures, stone, brick, concrete screeds and sand/cement surfaces.
Black, shiny coating when dry – dulls with exposure to sunlight.
The coverage per litre is dependent upon the porosity of the surface. For metal and smooth surfaces 10m² per litre per coat should be obtained. On porous surfaces coverage will be considerably less.
Method of Application:
By brush or airless spray, apply evenly and ensure no pooling of product. A minimum of two coats of Black Bituminous Paint is recommended.
All surfaces must be free from oil, dirt, dust and loose debris. On metal surfaces all loose rust should be removed using a wire brush and where advanced signs of corrosion are evident the area must be treated with a rust inhibitor. A minimum of two coats of Black Bituminous Paint should be applied, the first coat being allowed to dry before the second is applied.
On porous surfaces where the surface being treated is porous, an initial coat of Primer should be should be applied.
- Black Bitumen Paint is a general purpose paint for waterproofing and the weather protecting of steelwork and concrete
- Click here for Safety Data Sheet
- Signal word: Danger
- P210: Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames and other ignition sources. No smoking.
- P241: Use explosion-proof electrical/ventilating/lighting/..equipment
- P260: Do not breathe dust/fumes/gas/mist/vapours/spray
- P280: Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection
- P303+361+353: IF ON SKIN(or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse with skin water.
- P314: Get medical attention if you feel unwell.
Delivery charge information:
You can add any and all products to the basket and calculate your delivery charges easily. Simply enter your Eir Code and all applicable charges will be calculated automatically.
- Orders of €150 inc VAT or over will get free delivery nationwide. (Please see notes below for exceptions)
- All orders under €150 inc VAT incur a standard delivery charge of €10 including VAT
- (Please see below for exceptions)
- We deliver to anywhere in Ireland.
Bulky items may incur delivery surcharges (see below) as extra courier costs unfortunately are often unavoidable. If the order is over €150 only the bulk delivery charge will apply. The final delivery charge for bulky products will be calculated when all items have been added to the shopping cart.
All efforts are made to indicate where products are subject to delivery surcharges.
Special Order items:
We are in regular contact with our suppliers and we try our best to make sure that all “special order items” on our webstore are available from our suppliers within the timeframe advertised. If, for some reason our supplier is out of stock and you have ordered the product we will let you know immediately and give you the option to either wait until it’s back in, upgrade to a better model at little or no extra cost or receive a full refund. See more info on Special Order products here.
All nationwide deliveries will be delivered within 2-3 working days.
(Local deliveries within 1-2 working days.)
Special order items may take longer to deliver but this will be indicated on the product information page. You can see more info on Special Order products here.
Working days are Monday through Friday excluding public holidays. Orders placed on Saturday/Sunday will be deemed as being placed on the following Monday.
Some items may take longer to ship. If this is the case, we will notify you by phone/email of this delay.
If your delivery is urgent please contact us by phone or email and we will do our best to expedite it.
Please indicate on your order any specific delivery instructions.
Bulky goods will be delivered on pallets and will be unloaded by the courier. All bulky goods are delivered kerbside. Unfortunately, the delivery company will not convey the goods into premises for storage unless agreed in advance. Access to the delivery location must be suitable for a truck and failure to provide suitable level ground for operating pallet truck may result in refusal to deliver by the courier. Please note delivery operators will apply safe procedures in relation to ongoing Public Health considerations..
Some building materials are extremely bulky and not practical to deliver outside Co. Sligo e.g. concrete blocks, tonne bags of sand or gravel or some lengths of timber. We have highlighted where this is the case in bold red writing. If you do order these products we will contact you to see if you want to pay an additional delivery charge or if you wish to cancel the order. Please do not take offence to this as some bulky goods may cost much more to deliver than the value of the goods. We are based in Sligo so can offer a local delivery service in this area using our own vehicles.
If there is a forklift or teleporter available onsite, we would appreciate if you could tell us in advance by filling out the special delivery notes when completing the order.
The Seller or the courier company will not be held responsible for any damage to goods or persons caused by the goods being unloaded by the buyer.
**Please contact us in advance of ordering if unsure of the above**
Where goods are damaged on delivery the Buyer has the right to refuse delivery. Damaged goods should be photographed on delivery and photos emailed to email@example.com straight away. If goods are damaged on delivery, we will replace the goods in as timely a manner as possible at no extra cost.
Once the goods are signed for it will be deemed that goods were in good state when delivered.
Delivery shall be within a time period agreed between the Buyer and Seller and the Seller shall use its best endeavours to ensure that delivery takes place within the period agreed. Failure by the Seller to deliver the Goods within the agreed time period shall not amount to a breach of this contract by the Seller and the Buyer shall not be entitled to damages or other compensation or to cancel this contact by reason of such failure.
The Seller reserves the right to deliver in instalments. Each part delivery shall be deemed to constitute a separate contract, the fulfilment or non-fulfilment of which shall not affect any other part of the contract or the contract as a whole. Where any order involves more than one delivery and default is made on payment on the due date (either under this contract or any other contract made between the Seller and the Buyer) the Seller shall have the right to suspend all further deliveries until payment is made or to terminate the contract without prejudice to any existing claim.
The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the Buyer as a direct or indirect result of the supply of the Goods by the Seller being prevented, hindered or delayed by reason of any circumstances whatsoever which are outside the control of the Seller. Once delivery has been accepted the Buyer shall not be entitled to withhold or postpone payment of all or any portion of the price agreed, therefore.
1. Where goods are damaged on delivery the Buyer has the right to refuse delivery. Damaged goods should be photographed on delivery and photos emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If goods are damaged on delivery, we will replace the goods in as timely a manner as possible at no extra cost.
2. If goods are signed for and later found to be faulty/damaged, notice must be given in writing within 24 hours and photos will be required to be emailed to email@example.com.
3. All faulty/damaged goods issues will be dealt with on a case by case basis and best endeavours will be made to rectify within a timely manner. Manufacturers’ warranties will apply in certain cases.
4. Any returned items which are not faulty or damaged will incur full carriage costs which must be paid for by the customer. Notice of intention to return unwanted goods must be given within 14 days of receiving goods. Returned goods must be in original packaging and in original condition before refunds can be given.
5. All returned goods to be sent to Patrick Rogers Ltd., O’Connell St., Ballymote, Co. Sligo
Returns of Special Order Items
All “special order items” are subject to the same product returns policy as stocked items. However, items which are returned that are not faulty or damaged on delivery will be subject to a 10% restocking fee.