€2.21 – €52.94 (Inc. VAT)
Grade 1 Treated Timber
- High quality and produced in Ireland
- Uniform sizes and stored correctly by us
- If you need Roofing Battons (50mm x 35mm SR82 grade) – click here
- Various sizes available
- Ideal for Trades people and for DIY
Our Treated Timber is available in a wide variety of sizes and is a core construction product along with being extremely useful in a wide variety of tasks and jobs. The SNR Eased Edged Treated Timber is pressure treated with Tanalith E to improve resistance to rot and insect attack. The timber is also Grade 1 treated and FSC & EUTR certified.
- High quality Treated Timber produced in Ireland
- If you need Roofing Battons (50mm x 35mm SR82 grade) – click here
- Pressure treated using Tanalith E
- Grade 1 treated
- FSC certified
- Uniformity of size
- White Deal
- Please note: Delivery of this bulky product is available Nationwide but will be subject to a bulk delivery charge. Delivery charges are calculated during checkout according to the delivery address provided.
- Should you require very large volumes of this product then we may be able to improve your delivery charge. To discuss this you can call us on 0818 888 000 for more information and to confirm pricing.
In an era where sustainable building practices are at the forefront of design and construction, treated timber has emerged as a versatile and eco-friendly solution that addresses both structural and environmental needs. Treated timber, also known as pressure-treated wood, offers an array of advantages that extend the lifespan of wood products while minimizing the environmental impact. From residential to commercial applications, this innovative approach to timber is changing the way we think about construction materials.
The Science Behind Treated Timber
Treated timber undergoes a process that involves impregnating the wood with chemical preservatives under high pressure. This process significantly enhances the wood’s resistance to decay, insects, fungi, and other environmental factors that can cause deterioration. The preservatives used in treating the wood vary, but they often include copper-based compounds, which have proven effective in extending the wood’s lifespan while posing minimal risks to human health and the environment.
Advantages of Treated Timber
Treated timber offers a range of benefits that make it an attractive choice for construction and other applications:
- Durability: Treated timber’s enhanced resistance to decay and pests ensures a longer lifespan compared to untreated wood. This durability reduces the need for frequent replacements and maintenance, saving both time and resources.
- Eco-Friendly: By extending the life of wood products, treated timber reduces the demand for freshly harvested timber, which helps conserve forests and reduce deforestation. It’s a sustainable alternative to other construction materials that might have higher carbon footprints.
- Cost-Effective: Although treated timber might have a slightly higher upfront cost due to the treatment process, its extended lifespan and reduced maintenance needs result in cost savings over the long term.
- Versatility: It can be used for a wide range of applications, from structural components in buildings to outdoor decks, fences, and landscaping features. Its versatility makes it a valuable material for various projects.
- Aesthetic Appeal: It maintains the natural look and feel of wood while benefiting from added protection. This allows for aesthetically pleasing designs that also stand the test of time.
Applications in Construction
Treated timber finds its place in numerous construction applications:
- Structural Elements: Used in framing, beams, and columns in construction projects, providing both strength and longevity.
- Outdoor Use: Decks, fences, pergolas, and other outdoor structures benefit from treated timber’s resistance to weathering and pests.
- Foundations: It is often used as foundation piers, providing stability and protection against ground moisture and pests.
- Landscaping: It can be used for retaining walls, garden beds, and other landscaping features that need to withstand outdoor conditions.
- Infrastructure: It can also be utilized in infrastructure projects like bridges and utility poles, where durability is crucial.
As sustainable building practices become increasingly important, treated timber emerges as a key player in the transition to eco-friendly construction materials. Its ability to combine durability, versatility, and environmental consciousness makes it a compelling choice for architects, builders, and homeowners alike. By harnessing the benefits of treated timber, we are not only constructing structures that stand the test of time but also contributing to a greener and more sustainable future for generations to come.
Delivery charge information:
You can add any and all products to the basket and calculate your delivery charges easily. Simply enter your Eir Code and all applicable charges will be calculated automatically.
- Orders of €150 inc VAT or over will get free delivery nationwide. (Please see notes below for exceptions)
- All orders under €150 inc VAT incur a standard delivery charge of €10 including VAT
- (Please see below for exceptions)
- We deliver to anywhere in Ireland.
Bulky items may incur delivery surcharges (see below) as extra courier costs unfortunately are often unavoidable. If the order is over €150 only the bulk delivery charge will apply. The final delivery charge for bulky products will be calculated when all items have been added to the shopping cart.
All efforts are made to indicate where products are subject to delivery surcharges.
Special Order items:
We are in regular contact with our suppliers and we try our best to make sure that all “special order items” on our webstore are available from our suppliers within the timeframe advertised. If, for some reason our supplier is out of stock and you have ordered the product we will let you know immediately and give you the option to either wait until it’s back in, upgrade to a better model at little or no extra cost or receive a full refund. See more info on Special Order products here.
All nationwide deliveries will be delivered within 2-3 working days.
(Local deliveries within 1-2 working days.)
Special order items may take longer to deliver but this will be indicated on the product information page. You can see more info on Special Order products here.
Working days are Monday through Friday excluding public holidays. Orders placed on Saturday/Sunday will be deemed as being placed on the following Monday.
Some items may take longer to ship. If this is the case, we will notify you by phone/email of this delay.
If your delivery is urgent please contact us by phone or email and we will do our best to expedite it.
Please indicate on your order any specific delivery instructions.
Bulky goods will be delivered on pallets and will be unloaded by the courier. All bulky goods are delivered kerbside. Unfortunately, the delivery company will not convey the goods into premises for storage unless agreed in advance. Access to the delivery location must be suitable for a truck and failure to provide suitable level ground for operating pallet truck may result in refusal to deliver by the courier. Please note delivery operators will apply safe procedures in relation to ongoing Public Health considerations..
Some building materials are extremely bulky and not practical to deliver outside Co. Sligo e.g. concrete blocks, tonne bags of sand or gravel or some lengths of timber. We have highlighted where this is the case in bold red writing. If you do order these products we will contact you to see if you want to pay an additional delivery charge or if you wish to cancel the order. Please do not take offence to this as some bulky goods may cost much more to deliver than the value of the goods. We are based in Sligo so can offer a local delivery service in this area using our own vehicles.
If there is a forklift or teleporter available onsite, we would appreciate if you could tell us in advance by filling out the special delivery notes when completing the order.
The Seller or the courier company will not be held responsible for any damage to goods or persons caused by the goods being unloaded by the buyer.
**Please contact us in advance of ordering if unsure of the above**
Where goods are damaged on delivery the Buyer has the right to refuse delivery. Damaged goods should be photographed on delivery and photos emailed to email@example.com straight away. If goods are damaged on delivery, we will replace the goods in as timely a manner as possible at no extra cost.
Once the goods are signed for it will be deemed that goods were in good state when delivered.
Delivery shall be within a time period agreed between the Buyer and Seller and the Seller shall use its best endeavours to ensure that delivery takes place within the period agreed. Failure by the Seller to deliver the Goods within the agreed time period shall not amount to a breach of this contract by the Seller and the Buyer shall not be entitled to damages or other compensation or to cancel this contact by reason of such failure.
The Seller reserves the right to deliver in instalments. Each part delivery shall be deemed to constitute a separate contract, the fulfilment or non-fulfilment of which shall not affect any other part of the contract or the contract as a whole. Where any order involves more than one delivery and default is made on payment on the due date (either under this contract or any other contract made between the Seller and the Buyer) the Seller shall have the right to suspend all further deliveries until payment is made or to terminate the contract without prejudice to any existing claim.
The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the Buyer as a direct or indirect result of the supply of the Goods by the Seller being prevented, hindered or delayed by reason of any circumstances whatsoever which are outside the control of the Seller. Once delivery has been accepted the Buyer shall not be entitled to withhold or postpone payment of all or any portion of the price agreed, therefore.
1. Where goods are damaged on delivery the Buyer has the right to refuse delivery. Damaged goods should be photographed on delivery and photos emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If goods are damaged on delivery, we will replace the goods in as timely a manner as possible at no extra cost.
2. If goods are signed for and later found to be faulty/damaged, notice must be given in writing within 24 hours and photos will be required to be emailed to email@example.com.
3. All faulty/damaged goods issues will be dealt with on a case by case basis and best endeavours will be made to rectify within a timely manner. Manufacturers’ warranties will apply in certain cases.
4. Any returned items which are not faulty or damaged will incur full carriage costs which must be paid for by the customer. Notice of intention to return unwanted goods must be given within 14 days of receiving goods. Returned goods must be in original packaging and in original condition before refunds can be given.
5. All returned goods to be sent to Patrick Rogers Ltd., O’Connell St., Ballymote, Co. Sligo
Note regarding Oil Boilers and Boiler stoves:
Please ensure you check with us first or consult a qualified professional before ordering your oil boiler or boiler stove to ensure you order the correct one for your home. If the product needs to be returned a restocking fee may apply.
Returns of Special Order Items
All “special order items” are subject to the same product returns policy as stocked items. However, items which are returned that are not faulty or damaged on delivery will be subject to a 10% restocking fee.
You may also like…
Add to cart
Air Tight Membrane – Vapour Control Layer – Intello Plus Vapour Check Barrier 75m2€266.33 (Inc. VAT)
Air Tight Membrane – Vapour Control Layer – Intello Plus Vapour Check Barrier 75m2
Intello Air Tightness Membrane – 75 square metres
€266.33 (Inc. VAT)
- Leading Vapour Control Barrier
- Airtight membrane that reacts to humidity
- Easy to install and fully recyclable
- Allows up to 100 times more moisture vapour to pass through when humidity is high
- Lasting protection against mould growth and moisture related structural damage.
Roofing Battons (SR82) 50mm x 35mm x 4.8m
SR82 Roofing Battons (Treated Timber)
€4.79 (Inc. VAT)
- SR82 Roofing Battons made from treated timber
- Pressure treated to help prevent degradation from rotting and insect attacks – brown colour
- 50mm x 35mm x 4.8m
- Ideal for Trades people and for DIY
Unilin Floor Insulation Boards / Pitched Roof Insulation boards 2.88m2€28.00 – €72.69 (Inc. VAT)
Unilin Floor Insulation Boards / Pitched Roof Insulation boards 2.88m2
Thin-R PIR Insulation Boards for Floors and Pitched Roofs (XT/UF)
€28.00 – €72.69 (Inc. VAT)
- High performance floor insulation
- Can be used with new and existing floors
- Suitable for use with underfloor heating
- Also suitable for use in pitched roofs
- High moisture resistance
- 2.4 metres x 1.2 metres (8 feet x 4 feet)
- This is from Unilin – previously known as Xtratherm