The Spinner Anti Downdraught & Ventilating Chimney Cowl
€125.89 (Inc. VAT)
SHL Spinner Cowl
- Prevent penetration of winds into chimney
- Suitable for stronger wind areas
- Responds to wind coming from any direction
- Also prevents nesting birds
3 in stock
The Spinner Anti Downdraught & Ventilating Chimney Cowl prevents moderate and severe wind from penetrating the chimney which causes smoke to escape from a fireplace or stove. This is designed to work with wind coming from any direction thanks to the ‘sail’ design blade fins.
- Constructed from robust high grade stainless steel
- Can be installed on an 8″” standard flue liner or chimney pot
- Supplied leg length – 105mm. Strap length 1000mm
- Not to be used with a chimney shorter than 5.5m or 18 feet, fuels with a moisture content of greater than 20% or high Sulphur fuels
- Laboratory tested by BSRIA UK. Manufactured to EN16475-7:2016 & CE Marked
It starts to work immediately in the wind due to the double bearing pivot action and also prevents rain penetration. When revolving, the Spinner Cowl also ventilates the chimney shaft – helping to keep it dry. It also prevents back-up smells coming down into the room via the fireplace or stove.
A major benefit of this Spinner Cowl is the prevention of nesting birds in your chimney.
Typical down draught symptoms:
- If you experience smoke or fumes coming (puffing) out from the stove or open fireplace in windy weather
- If you experience smoke or fumes coming (puffing) out from the stove or open fireplace when the wind is coming from one direction
- Note: If these symptoms are evident when the wind is slight or when there is no wind (Spinner not revolving) then the problem is not down draught but a lack of draught. An electrical cowl is the solution to this – contact us for more info on this on 0818 888 000
When not to use the Spinner Cowl:
- Your chimney is shorter than 6 metres – temperature should not exceed 200 degree celsius at the top of the flue
- You burn fuels that have a high moisture content of more than 20% (can be checked with a moisture meter)
- You burn fuels with a high Sulphur content
- The chimney diameter is greater than 230mm or 9″ internal diameter
- The revolving mechanism is a sealed double bearing unit for long lasting life – the high temperature grease used is rated to 200 degrees Celsius
- Manufactured to EN16475-7:2016 and EN1856-1:2009, CE Marked Independently tested and certified by BSRIA UK
- 1 year conditional guarantee
Contents of pack:
- 1 x Spinner Anti Downdraught Chimney Cowl 8″
- 1 x strap
- 1 x fixing screw and bolt
- 3 x stainless steel legs. (These are 105mm in length and are suitable for a standard chimney pot. If you have an ornamental / decorative chimney pot you may require longer legs – these are 235mm in length and are available as an optional extra)
- 3 x steel claws to grip the inside of the chimney pot
- 3 x wing nuts to attach legs to main body of cowl
How to Install:
- The Spinner Anti Downdraught Chimney Cowl 8″incorporates a simple yet effective system of attaching closely to a chimney pot or Spinner Adapter.
- The three claws grip the inside of the pot / adapter
- The three strapping legs are positioned outside the pot / adapter
- Claws & strapping legs are held in place by 3 wing-nuts & a tightly fitting strapping band.
- There is no drilling or measuring involved in fitting this Spinner Anti Downdraught Chimney Cowl 8″. A screwdriver is the only tool required.
- Full fitting instructions are supplied with each Spinner Anti Downdraught Chimney Cowl 8″.
Delivery charge information:
You can add any and all products to the basket and calculate your delivery charges easily. Simply enter your Eir Code and all applicable charges will be calculated automatically.
- Orders of €150 inc VAT or over will get free delivery nationwide. (Please see notes below for exceptions)
- All orders under €150 inc VAT incur a standard delivery charge of €10 including VAT
- (Please see below for exceptions)
- We deliver to anywhere in Ireland.
Bulky items may incur delivery surcharges (see below) as extra courier costs unfortunately are often unavoidable. If the order is over €150 only the bulk delivery charge will apply. The final delivery charge for bulky products will be calculated when all items have been added to the shopping cart.
All efforts are made to indicate where products are subject to delivery surcharges.
Special Order items:
We are in regular contact with our suppliers and we try our best to make sure that all “special order items” on our webstore are available from our suppliers within the timeframe advertised. If, for some reason our supplier is out of stock and you have ordered the product we will let you know immediately and give you the option to either wait until it’s back in, upgrade to a better model at little or no extra cost or receive a full refund. See more info on Special Order products here.
All nationwide deliveries will be delivered within 2-3 working days.
(Local deliveries within 1-2 working days.)
Special order items may take longer to deliver but this will be indicated on the product information page. You can see more info on Special Order products here.
Working days are Monday through Friday excluding public holidays. Orders placed on Saturday/Sunday will be deemed as being placed on the following Monday.
Some items may take longer to ship. If this is the case, we will notify you by phone/email of this delay.
If your delivery is urgent please contact us by phone or email and we will do our best to expedite it.
Please indicate on your order any specific delivery instructions.
Bulky goods will be delivered on pallets and will be unloaded by the courier. All bulky goods are delivered kerbside. Unfortunately, the delivery company will not convey the goods into premises for storage unless agreed in advance. Access to the delivery location must be suitable for a truck and failure to provide suitable level ground for operating pallet truck may result in refusal to deliver by the courier. Please note delivery operators will apply safe procedures in relation to ongoing Public Health considerations..
Some building materials are extremely bulky and not practical to deliver outside Co. Sligo e.g. concrete blocks, tonne bags of sand or gravel or some lengths of timber. We have highlighted where this is the case in bold red writing. If you do order these products we will contact you to see if you want to pay an additional delivery charge or if you wish to cancel the order. Please do not take offence to this as some bulky goods may cost much more to deliver than the value of the goods. We are based in Sligo so can offer a local delivery service in this area using our own vehicles.
If there is a forklift or teleporter available onsite, we would appreciate if you could tell us in advance by filling out the special delivery notes when completing the order.
The Seller or the courier company will not be held responsible for any damage to goods or persons caused by the goods being unloaded by the buyer.
**Please contact us in advance of ordering if unsure of the above**
Where goods are damaged on delivery the Buyer has the right to refuse delivery. Damaged goods should be photographed on delivery and photos emailed to email@example.com straight away. If goods are damaged on delivery, we will replace the goods in as timely a manner as possible at no extra cost.
Once the goods are signed for it will be deemed that goods were in good state when delivered.
Delivery shall be within a time period agreed between the Buyer and Seller and the Seller shall use its best endeavours to ensure that delivery takes place within the period agreed. Failure by the Seller to deliver the Goods within the agreed time period shall not amount to a breach of this contract by the Seller and the Buyer shall not be entitled to damages or other compensation or to cancel this contact by reason of such failure.
The Seller reserves the right to deliver in instalments. Each part delivery shall be deemed to constitute a separate contract, the fulfilment or non-fulfilment of which shall not affect any other part of the contract or the contract as a whole. Where any order involves more than one delivery and default is made on payment on the due date (either under this contract or any other contract made between the Seller and the Buyer) the Seller shall have the right to suspend all further deliveries until payment is made or to terminate the contract without prejudice to any existing claim.
The Seller shall not be liable to the Buyer for any loss or damage which may be suffered by the Buyer as a direct or indirect result of the supply of the Goods by the Seller being prevented, hindered or delayed by reason of any circumstances whatsoever which are outside the control of the Seller. Once delivery has been accepted the Buyer shall not be entitled to withhold or postpone payment of all or any portion of the price agreed, therefore.
1. Where goods are damaged on delivery the Buyer has the right to refuse delivery. Damaged goods should be photographed on delivery and photos emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. If goods are damaged on delivery, we will replace the goods in as timely a manner as possible at no extra cost.
2. If goods are signed for and later found to be faulty/damaged, notice must be given in writing within 24 hours and photos will be required to be emailed to email@example.com.
3. All faulty/damaged goods issues will be dealt with on a case by case basis and best endeavours will be made to rectify within a timely manner. Manufacturers’ warranties will apply in certain cases.
4. Any returned items which are not faulty or damaged will incur full carriage costs which must be paid for by the customer. Notice of intention to return unwanted goods must be given within 14 days of receiving goods. Returned goods must be in original packaging and in original condition before refunds can be given.
5. All returned goods to be sent to Patrick Rogers Ltd., O’Connell St., Ballymote, Co. Sligo
Returns of Special Order Items
All “special order items” are subject to the same product returns policy as stocked items. However, items which are returned that are not faulty or damaged on delivery will be subject to a 10% restocking fee.